I love to share my designs but they are protected by Copyright which I own outright so I thank you not to copy or reproduce them for any reason or in any format either in part or as a whole.

Now that the business side of things has been taken care of please feel free to enjoy your visit and I hope you like what you see.

Haste ye back!


Wednesday 2 November 2011

Jem's Designs Steampunk For Him cd Samples

This was created by printing out the backing paper on premium glossy photo paper which I then glued to white card using spray adhesive (Crafter's Companion Stick & Stay). The twisted decoupage was also printed on premium glossy photo paper and I used a piece of matching paper to create the sentiment bar with Spellbinder Edgeabilities Classic Postage Stamp. The greeting peeloff was coloured with black marker pen and brads, Tim Holtz sprockets and bulb were added to complete the design.
This gatefold design was printed onto white cardstock and matted and layered with backgrounds from the cd. The twisted image design was inked using Distress Inks and layered on to gold mirri board and then backed with matching background paper as it is visible when the card is opened. The large clock face was glazed using my favourite 3d Crystal Lacquer to give a glass like finish. The sentiment tag was made using Spellbinders Grommet Tags. Gold chain peeloffs and gold brads complete the design.
This decoupage design was made from printed images from the cd. It was matted on to old gold checkered cardstock. This was also used to create a sealed down side edge which had brown leather thong wrapped around and decorated wire coils and card candy. The main elements have been highlighted with Metallic Rub Ons in Copper, Pewter, Brass, Ruby and Blue. A gold peeloff sentiment completes the design.

7 comments:

  1. They are all fabulous hon. I really must get this cd rom!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sheenagh you have certainly been busy! Love them all and are superb for mens cards :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, Lesley and Linda, for your lovely comments. Yes, Lesley, you so NEED this cd...lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good to me Sheenagh, although I'm not really into steam punk myself.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Catherine and thank you for visiting and leaving your lovely comment. I appreciate all feedback on my work and I understand completely that Steampunk is not everyone's cup of tea! I didn't even know the genre myself...but I had to learn fast! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwwww How adorable are these cards, have only just ventured into Steampunk and have got to say am hooked these cards are alllll so fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Abbie and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such positive kind words for me. These were my first venture into Steampunk too, and I had such fun with them. This cd from jem's Designs is such good value as it is jam-packed with delicious images and elements. You wouldn't go far wrong experimenting with this genre using it. x

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all the comments that's why they don't post straight away. Thank you for taking your time posting them.