I love to share my designs but they are protected by Copyright which I own outright so I thank you not to copy or reproduce them for any reason or in any format either in part or as a whole.

Now that the business side of things has been taken care of please feel free to enjoy your visit and I hope you like what you see.

Haste ye back!


Thursday 17 November 2011

A Very Important Date

Here are my latest MCS samples. These were featured on 15th November 2011 Pick of the Day on Ideal World and Create & Craft TV. This square card was created on white Super Smooth card matted and layered with red card behind the printed background to which I added the heart and the diamond shapes. The club and spade were decoupaged on top and glazed using 3d Crystal Lacquer. The playing cards were printed individually and layered and decoupaged. The printed sentiment tag was made using Spellbinder Dies - Grommet Tags - and feathers and gems added to complete the design.
Another almost A4 sized card printed on to Super Smooth white card and matted and layered with Gold Mirri board and a printed background that I created from the artwork on the cd. I used a corner punch to round the corners on the layers. The images and characters were all decoupaged to give depth and dimension. Again, the printed sentiment tag was created using Spellbinder Dies - Scalloped Circles. A generous helping of glitter on Cheshire Cat's grin completes the look I wanted to achieve.
This 8 x 8" card was created by printing a card background onto Super Smooth white card. A plain cream card was inked using Distress Inks - Wild Honey, Tea Dye and Antique Linen. The top printed layer was cut using Spellbinder Dies - Grand Labels One - and the main images distressed and decoupaged. I used Gold and Bronze Metallic Rub Ons to highlight the gilding effect on the book. Then, using the same distress inks, I stained a length of antique ribbon and paper flowers to tone in. A gemstone completes this distressed look design.
This almost A4 size card was created using Spellbinder Dies - Grand Labels Twenty Three.
The tea cup, saucer and spoon are individually decoupaged and glazed using 3d Crystal Lacquer to finish the design. The printed sentiment tag was inked using Distress Inks - Wild Honey.
These chocolate wrappers were simply created by printing scenes onto Premium Glossy photo paper.
This gift bag was made from an MCS Advanced Encyclopaedia cd template (slightly enlarged). I took the image from the gift card from the A Very Important Date cd and enlarged it to use on the front panel and printed a co-ordinated background for the back and side panels. Tip...I always print on both sides of the card so that the inside of the bag is in a toning colour and not just white. A matching gift tag is attached with ribbon and a paper flower made using Spellbinder Dies Daisy Flower Topper. A gem in the centre of the flower completes the look.
This large card (almost A4) was printed on A3 card and cut down to finished size using Spellbinder Dies - Grand Scalloped Rectangles. The printed backgrounds matts and layers were placed on Silver Mirri board, using Spellbinder Dies - Grand Scalloped Rectangles and Grand Scalloped Ovals - and the image of Alice decoupaged on the front. The small bottles were decoupaged and glazed using 3d Crystal Lacquer. The printed sentiment tag was made using Spellbinder Dies - Scalloped Circles. Small butterflies were glittered and placed to embellish. The design was finished off by a spotty grosgrain ribbon.
For this card, I created the background using images and artwork from the cd and printed on to Super Smooth White card. I then wrapped a sheet of acetate around and decoupaged the March Hare onto the front. To embellish, I pleated black fabric ribbon and added black silk flowers and feathers to hold the printed sentiment tag which was cut using Spellbinder Dies - Scalloped Circles.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card designs expertly made as always Sheenagh - all full of gorgeousness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much once again, Lesley. That's very kind of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Chris, and welcome to my blog. It's so nice to have positive feedback on my work and I appreciate it very much x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are all stunning and gorgeous, love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Abbie. Thank you very much for your lovely comment - I am thrilled that you like my designs. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just ordered this cd Sheenagh so it is lovely to see finished cards from the cd - hope mine are half as good. I love Alice in Wonderland.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards may just order myself one x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefuly this will work this time,
    great cards Sheenagh, not your usual style, but
    wonderful as always
    Janet Babar xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Selina and welcome to my blog. Thank you for visitng and leaving your lovely comment. I'm sure you wouldn't regret ordering yourself one. Enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, Janet, it has worked!
    Thanks so much for presisting and getting your comment on. I know it's a different subject for me but I just apply my own take on anything I'm asked to do. Most of us do that anyway, that's why none of the designs are ever duplicated, I suppose.
    Anyway, thank you so much for your lovely comment, it means a lot to me.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Catherine, thanks so much for commenting so positively on my cards.
    I'm sure you will enjoy working with this that your cards will be just stunning.
    Enjoy and Happy Crafting!
    Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many gorgeous creations, love them all
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all the comments that's why they don't post straight away. Thank you for taking your time posting them.